Tuesday, February 15, 2011

a very dear Season for Cucumbers


I enjoy gardening.
If I had thumbs, they would be green.
I'm going over some seed catalogs with Mum and helping to plan this year's garden. Clifford only cares about the tomatoes, while Claire and I are very interested in cucumbers. I have been eight dog years upon a project for extracting sunbeams out of cucumbers, which are to be put into vials hermetically sealed, and let out to warm the air in raw, inclement summers (or long cold winters).

There was a container of strawberries that Hannah planted last summer that I would like to see again. I enjoyed taste testing the berries as they grew, even Hannah's very first strawberry of the year. I didn't even get in trouble for it because Hannah said I was "too cute to be mad at." It was all in the name of science.


She wouldn't have known it was me had I not got caught in the act by Mum and her camera:

Because of that, I've learned it's important to stay close to the garden at all times, waiting for the perfect opportunity to step in and take a taste when no one is looking.. 

This year I will have my little brother Clifford (who is a small, sneaky super spy) to help capture the little cherry tomatoes, and assist me in my laboratory with the cucumbers.
Spring is just around the corner. It feels good to be prepared.


dedicated to 
Jonathon Swift.

No comments:

Post a Comment